Air bags, seatbelts, and windshields have a common purpose: enhance your safety. A vehicle’s condition is known by how these parts are maintained by the owners. Out of these three, the windshield is the most important because of its additional features and benefits. It is apparent in how it keeps up the structural integrity of the vehicle when dealing with the heat often seen during the summer in North Scottsdale.
In this article, we will see how worthy are the windshield repair and other auto glass replacement services. The components of a windshield might give some clue to how it is repaired. Two sheets of glass are laminated using a layer of polyvinyl butyrate (PVB) to make a piece. A chip or a crack is the most common problem and it tends to spread over a period. An early repair can save a lot of time and money. The manufacturers’ specification of installing a windshield is nearly impossible to duplicate as well. Therefore, in many cases, replacement is not advisable.
North Scottsdale Windshield Replacement – Cost Factors
About 13 to 14 million windshields are replaced every year in the United States. Why? The most common reasons are damage caused by debris flying into windshields, vandalism, and collisions. Windshield replacement is a skill that requires extensive training and proficient knowledge of proper installation materials and their use. Many facilities that offer windshield repair also offer windshield replacement, but both repair and replacement carry with them certain risks that every consumer should be aware of.
All new motor vehicle manufacturers are required to comply with the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) on auto glass before offering vehicles for sale in the United States. Unfortunately, comparable safety standards specifically for windshield replacement have never been formally drafted. However, it is recommended that customers familiarize themselves with the FMVSS standards and/or the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standard (AGRSS.com) and insist that their replacement windshield be installed in congruity with those standards. Though there is no legal requirement to adhere to these standards, in so doing you are essentially getting a replacement windshield that is "good as new." When it comes to the safety of yourself and your passengers, this should be a very high priority indeed.
If you find that you absolutely must get your car windshield replaced, make sure your windshield installer:
* Removes the old urethane to approximately a 1/16" depth
* Cleans and primes the windshield glass and the vehicle pinchweld
* Wears gloves to prevent any possible contamination of the materials used in the windshield replacement
* Uses new urethane adhesive (not butyl tape or silicone)
* Checks for the presence of a passenger side airbag and uses urethane that is adequately rated for the job
* Discusses with you how long you will need to wait before the vehicle can be driven
* Reviews the "do's and don'ts" of your vehicle's operation during the adhesive curing period
Auto glass work of this nature is very specialized work, and is not something just anyone can do. Automotive windshield repair should be performed only by someone you trust, and who stands behind every aspect of their work. Don't make light of the fact that your car's windshield is an integral feature of the safety of your vehicle. Don't leave something as important as auto glass replacement [http://lasertargeted.com/glassrepair/auto-glass-repair-replacement.html] to anyone who has not been trained in what is required to conform to the FMVSS.
One company in particular has developed quite a reputation for excellent auto glass repair and replacement work. In fact they pretty much pioneered the entire industry. NOVUS will replace your car windshield glass or if you prefer, they will repair it as well. The company offers a complete line of glass installation and car care products that include the highest quality urethane adhesives, glass and paint primers/preps and cleaners for vehicles and technicians. NOVUS has been awarded more U.S. patents for windshield repair than all the rest of the windshield repair industry combined. The company has been for over 30 years, and remains to this day, the auto glass repair industry's leading research and development pioneer.
The Benefits of Mobile Windshield Repair Services
Your car's windshield is the third most important safety measure in your car after seat belts and airbags. It protects your car from harsh weather conditions such as hail storms, and allows for a safe drive through gravel roads. Windshields also provide protection in accidents by allowing the complete deployment of airbags and providing strength to the roof in the event of a rollover accident.
Your car's front windshield is made by reinforced pressure and heat procedures that ensure that even when the glass breaks it does minimum to no damage to the passengers inside. When it is a question of life and death, taking care of your windshield should be one of your car maintenance priorities.
From minor fixes of scratches to small and large breaks your windshield needs to be looked at by a professional even before it gets fixed. However, the cost of getting your windshield fixed can cause a dent in your pocket. Here are some simple steps to ensure cost efficient windshield repairs:
1. Take care of your windshield promptly. Make sure you fix minor scratches. If you are a do it yourself, you can learn to do this on your own. Small scratches can often be fixed at home. However, don't do this on your own if it is your first time. Get a professional to show you what kind of scratches can be fixed at home and what should be brought to the workshop to be fixed.
2. When scratches are deeper and come in the way of your vision you need to get it to your windshield professional immediately. While this may not be a not a grave situation, it is better to get small scratches fixed at a minimum price than let it get worse because you will end up spending a lot of more later.
3. Even before you need to get your windshield glass repaired, do some basic research on companies in your area that does windshield repair for a good price. You can take a look at your car dealer, and also other small business owners' companies and their prices for windshield repair. Often small business owners will repair your car at a reduced price and with the same quality as your car dealer.
4. Make sure that the small company professional is an expert in the area. Get price lists from companies and ask the company you like to give you a better discount than the other companies.
5. Get your car to your windshield repair professional before it gets worse. Often if you wait longer the damage can get worse and repair will become more expensive.
With these tips you can make sure you can reduce the cost of your windshield repair or replacement without lowering the quality.
Windshield Replacement - A Major Safety Precaution