Air bags, seatbelts, and windshields have a common purpose: enhance your safety. A vehicle’s condition is known by how these parts are maintained by the owners. Out of these three, the windshield is the most important because of its additional features and benefits. It is apparent in how it keeps up the structural integrity of the vehicle when dealing with the heat often seen during the summer in Tanque Verde.
In this article, we will see how worthy are the windshield repair and other auto glass replacement services. The components of a windshield might give some clue to how it is repaired. Two sheets of glass are laminated using a layer of polyvinyl butyrate (PVB) to make a piece. A chip or a crack is the most common problem and it tends to spread over a period. An early repair can save a lot of time and money. The manufacturers’ specification of installing a windshield is nearly impossible to duplicate as well. Therefore, in many cases, replacement is not advisable.
Tanque Verde Windshield Replacement – Cost Factors
As you are driving down the road, it happens. You hear that dreaded sound. Your car windshield gets hit by a rock or debris and a crack appears. Sometimes the crack is gigantic and sometimes only a teeny tiny crack appears. Cracks and chips of all sizes are not only unattractive, but they can make driving unsafe too. When you hear the sound of something hitting your windshield, in comes the dread and so does the fear of what it's going to cost to replace the complete windshield or get a windshield repair begin to set in. Will it even be necessary to have a complete windshield replacement?
Without saying, any major damage received that causes huge cracks or shatters to any part of the windshield or the entire windshield, yes, definitely, a complete replacement is necessary. However, newer cars have windshields installed that are regulated by the government and in some situations it may be better to have the windshield repaired instead. Keeping as much of your vehicle in original condition is best for resale value and safety.
As well, many insurance companies are referring their customers to have windshield repair done now instead of a windshield replacement. You may wonder why, right? Well this alternate method is not only less expensive than a complete windshield repair, but there is less time where you are without your car. So the insurance company has to pay less to get your car fixed and maybe even eliminate the need for a rental car too.
For you the driver, repairs to your windshield will hold up as well as the replacement too. The quality is just as good, you won't even know it by looking. If your insurance doesn't cover windshield damages, you certainly want to go the less expensive way out and repair versus replace is the right choice in this situation.
You may wonder if it is absolutely necessary to have a professional do your windshield repair. You've noticed the do-it-yourself windshield repair kits at your neighborhood auto parts store and looks like it would be simple enough, right? Well, think again, it is not that simple. Taking out the old and popping in the new takes special tools and techniques that the professionals have been trained for.
At the first sign of damage, it may not be as clear if repair or replacement is best and a professional is trained in knowing whether a repair is even feasible and will be successful. Not to mention that if trying to do this yourself at home, it could lead to a serious safety issue. Keep in mind also, that with a professional mobile auto glass service, there will be a professional, in flesh and blood, in your driveway or work parking lot that you can tell if they are being straight with you or not.
For the sake of safety and convenience, instead of taking your car to the shop, always consider using a mobile service instead. There are mobile auto glass services in the Virginia area now with experienced trained professionals. No need to try to drive with a busted windshield or a huge crack running across the drivers' view!
So the next time you hear that shuttering sound of a rock hitting your windshield, don't panic! A phone call to a mobile auto glass service will get you a windshield repair or windshield replacement in no time.
The Benefits of Mobile Windshield Repair Services
People have died because their windshield was improperly replaced. Others have been crippled for life. Maybe someone you know, or knew, was a victim.
It's tragic, senseless, and utterly stupid that people have died and been seriously injured due to the negligence, ignorance, and laziness of untrained or uncaring glass technicians. And there's no shortage of those. This article will attempt to teach you how to protect yourself from unqualified repairmen.
Windshields and the other glass in your vehicle are required by federal law to help protect you in several ways. For example, if you should be involved in a roll-over accident, your roof must be partially supported by the glass, to keep it from crushing in on you and your passengers.
If you're involved in a head-on crash, the windshield must stay in place to keep you inside the car and to keep flying debris out. If the windshield flies out, so too may you or your kids. Improperly installed windshields can easily be dislodged during a crash.
Did you know that your passenger airbag is designed to explode out of its container and bounce off the glass at 300 miles per hour? If the windshield is not properly sealed, it can be blown right out of your car, resulting in catastrophic injury.
Most of us don't spend much time thinking about these kinds of things in our life, things that are not readily obvious to us but might completely change our family's future. We depend on experts to guide us to quality and value.
Here are 5 TIPS that could help you survive a disastrous auto accident. Next time you get a new windshield installed in your car, look for these things:
* Be sure the technician is trained and certified. Anybody can get into this business and it often attracts the kind of people who are looking for a quick buck at your expense. If a tech takes the time to get quality education and training, he's probably also interested in building and maintaining a good reputation through high quality work.
* Observe the process and be sure the tech doesn't scratch the metal framework of your car when he cuts out the old glass. If he does, then he must prime that area to prevent rust. Rust can break an otherwise good seal. When the tech prepares your glass for installation, he must clean it and prime it, while wearing rubber gloves to prevent oil from his hands getting on the glass.
* After installation is complete, in almost all cases you must not move your car for a specified period of time. Each urethane manufacturer provides guidelines that depend on time, temperature, and humidity factors. If you drive off in your car before the "safe drive-away time" is up, it's likely that you will compromise the seal and experience air or water leaks in the future. Of course, a faulty seal also risks your safety.
* The quality of your windshield is important. Even though regulated by federal standards, some glass is better than other glass. OEM, or Original Equipment Manufacturer windshields are the same ones that are installed at the factory into new cars. These are also available in the aftermarket through distributors. OEM glass is made to exacting standards and can be trusted. Some glass is imported and can be excellent or marginal, depending on the manufacturer. If OEM glass is available for your vehicle, that should be your choice.
* By law, you have the right to choose your own shop when it comes to insurance claims. There is a nefarious practice in the insurance billing industry called "steering". When you call the number on your insurance card, you are usually connected to a middle-man billing and network company that works for the insurance company, not the insurance company itself. Some of these networks have their own glass shops and they will illegally try to steer you to their own shop. One of these networks was investigated by the 20/20 TV news show a few years ago and was found to be in violation of many of the safety principles described above. On the same show, they cited statistics for how many people were killed or gravely injured because of careless windshield installation. Demand your rights when it comes to picking your own shop. Do your homework and you and your family will be safer for it.
As a final note concerning insurance companies, read some startling information about how you are being tracked by them at http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/07/06/earlyshow/contributors/raymartin/main1779882.shtml.
Windshield Repair, a More Practical Solution than Windshield Replacement