One of the biggest Arizona businesses is auto glass repair because cracked windshields are extremely common. The windshield on a vehicle is designed to keep passengers and drivers from any debris on the road that could fly up and cause harm. However, when you’re traveling around quickly, even just a small rock on the road can end up chipping or fracturing your windshield. The question is, should you repair it or do you need to have the whole thing replaced?
The chip or crack has surfaced and now you have to make a decision to contact an auto glass repair shop to repair the chip or crack or to have the whole windshield replaced. A small chip or crack can continue to get larger over time. This can be due to several circumstances, but the main one is that driving causes stress that will cause the damage to get worse. This is magnified with bumpier roads being driven on. The weather, especially in Arizona can also cause chips and cracks to enlarge when certain conditions exist. Sadly, the car air conditioning can add to the issue also.
When you first discover a crack or chip is the time to have an auto glass repair shop make the repair. If accomplished quickly, this might make the difference between repair and replacement. Repair versus replacement costs vary widely, but are usually found to be significantly more expensive when replacement is involved. Basically, your insurance company will allow you to have the windshield replaced with a deductible taking place on your part. This would not apply if you don’t have collision included in your policy in most states.
Auto glass repair shops can repair smaller chips and cracks with ease. You can also buy auto glass repair products from your local auto parts store or go on the internet to locate these repair kits. This applies to the individual that is comfortable with doing it yourself. If you are not certain the damage can be safely repaired, then err on the side of caution, and let the professionals take care of it.
If repair is out of the equation, just know that the auto glass repair industry is alive and competitive. Shopping around to secure the best prices and service should provide gratifying results. You should realize that repair is not an option if the crack is longer than 3-4 inches or goes from edge to edge and if the chip has penetrated all sections of the piece of glass.
The idea of the story here is that if the damage is not large and does not penetrate the glass fully and if you act fast, you can often times repair the damage instead of having to replace the whole piece. When it comes to auto glass repair, there is a lot more than meets the eye, so if you are not confident, get a pro involved.
Windshield Replacement - The Ultimate Guide
Replacement Windshield Safety
Is your windshield broken? Unfortunately, when this happens, most people call around and go with whichever company has the lowest price. If you were going to jump out of an airplane, would you choose the cheapest parachute you could find? Of course not! Having your windshield replaced is the same thing.
Your windshield is an integral part of the safety system of your vehicle. Driving with a poorly installed windshield is like jumping from a plane with a cheap parachute. Would you trust it? If you are involved in an accident, the windshield of your vehicle is designed to keep you inside the car. Also, the airbag functionality depends on the windshield remaining intact. If your windshield fails when you are in a rollover accident, you could be thrown from the car. The structure of your vehicle is designed to protect you in the event of a rollover. If you are outside the car, there is nothing protecting you from injury or death. Most passenger side airbags are designed to operate with the windshield as a backstop. If the windshield is not installed correctly, the airbag most likely will not operate properly.
Knowing this, it's hard to believe that most people simply choose the lowest priced windshield provider. Here are some questions you want to ask when having a windshield replaced to be sure it is installed safely:
1. Are your technicians certified and regularly trained on new procedures?
2. Does your adhesive meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards?
3. Will the new windshield be OEM quality?
4. What type of Quality Assurance Procedures does your company have in place?
5. Do you have a proper insurance policy in place to cover liability?
These questions won't guarantee that the windshield will be installed safely, but they will give you an opportunity to have a conversation with your glass provider. Is the person that answers the phone knowledgeable about glass safety? Do they struggle to answer your questions? Would you buy a parachute from this person? If not, you may want to rethink your choice of Auto Glass Company.
- Mobile Auto Glass Repair Arizona
- Auto Glass Repair Phoenix
- Cheap Windshield Repair North Phoenix
- Mobile Windshield Repair West Phoenix
- Mobile Windshield Replacement East Phoenix
- Auto Glass Replacement South Phoenix
- Auto Glass Replacement Tucson
- Windshield Replacement Cost Mesa
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Chandler
- Windshield Replacement Gilbert
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Glendale
- Auto Glass Repair North Scottsdale
- Cheap Windshield Repair Scottsdale
- Auto Glass Repair Tempe
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Peoria
- Cheap Windshield Repair Surprise
- Auto Glass Repair Yuma
- Auto Glass Replacement San Tan Valley
- Cheap Auto Glass Replacement Avondale
- Windshield Repair Goodyear
- Mobile Auto Glass Repair Flagstaff
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Casas Adobes
- Windshield Replacement Cost Buckeye
- Mobile Windshield Replacement Lake Havasu City
- Mobile Windshield Repair Casa Grande
- Mobile Windshield Replacement Catalina Foothills
- Windshield Replacement Cost Maricopa
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Oro Valley
- Windshield Repair Sierra Vista
- Cheap Windshield Repair Prescott Valley
- Cheap Windshield Repair Prescott
- Windshield Replacement Cost Marana
- Windshield Replacement Cost Bullhead City
- Cheap Auto Glass Replacement Sun City
- Windshield Replacement Apache Junction
- Cheap Windshield Repair Queen Creek
- Windshield Replacement El Mirage
- Windshield Repair San Luis
- Cheap Auto Glass Replacement Florence
- Windshield Replacement Kingman
- Windshield Repair Drexel Heights
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Fortuna Foothills
- Auto Glass Repair Sahuarita
- Windshield Replacement Cost Sun City West
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Fountain Hills
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Anthem
- Windshield Replacement Cost Green Valley
- Auto Glass Replacement Nogales
- Windshield Repair Rio Rico
- Mobile Windshield Replacement Eloy
- Mobile Auto Glass Repair Tanque Verde
- Cheap Auto Glass Replacement Douglas
- Windshield Crack Repair Flowing Wells
- Cheap Auto Glass Replacement Payson
- Mobile Windshield Repair New River
- Windshield Crack Repair Sierra Vista Southeast
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Somerton
- Cheap Auto Glass Replacement Sun Lakes
- Mobile Windshield Replacement Paradise Valley
- Mobile Auto Glass Repair Fort Mohave
- Windshield Replacement Cost Verde Village
- Windshield Repair Coolidge
- Windshield Repair Tucson Estates
- Cheap Windshield Replacement New Kingman-Butler
- Windshield Repair Cottonwood city
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Camp Verde
- Windshield Replacement Cost Vail
- Windshield Crack Repair Chino Valley
- Windshield Replacement Show Low
- Auto Glass Replacement Sedona
- Auto Glass Replacement Valencia West
- Windshield Replacement Cost Saddlebrooke
- Windshield Replacement Cost Tuba City
- Auto Glass Repair Safford
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Winslow
- Cheap Windshield Repair Gold Canyon
- Cheap Windshield Repair Arizona City
- Auto Glass Replacement Golden Valley
- Auto Glass Replacement Picture Rocks
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Page
- Windshield Crack Repair Catalina
- Windshield Crack Repair Globe
- Windshield Repair Corona de Tucson
- Auto Glass Repair Tolleson
- Windshield Replacement Wickenburg
- Windshield Repair Youngtown
- Windshield Replacement Cost Village of Oak Creek (Big Park)
- Mobile Auto Glass Repair Guadalupe
- Windshield Replacement Lake Montezuma
- Mobile Windshield Repair Doney Park
- Mobile Auto Glass Repair South Tucson
- Mobile Windshield Repair Snowflake
- Mobile Windshield Repair Litchfield Park
- Auto Glass Replacement Williamson
- Cheap Auto Glass Replacement Cave Creek
- Windshield Crack Repair Bisbee