One of the biggest Arizona businesses is auto glass repair because cracked windshields are extremely common. The windshield on a vehicle is designed to keep passengers and drivers from any debris on the road that could fly up and cause harm. However, when you’re traveling around quickly, even just a small rock on the road can end up chipping or fracturing your windshield. The question is, should you repair it or do you need to have the whole thing replaced?
The chip or crack has surfaced and now you have to make a decision to contact an auto glass repair shop to repair the chip or crack or to have the whole windshield replaced. A small chip or crack can continue to get larger over time. This can be due to several circumstances, but the main one is that driving causes stress that will cause the damage to get worse. This is magnified with bumpier roads being driven on. The weather, especially in Arizona can also cause chips and cracks to enlarge when certain conditions exist. Sadly, the car air conditioning can add to the issue also.
When you first discover a crack or chip is the time to have an auto glass repair shop make the repair. If accomplished quickly, this might make the difference between repair and replacement. Repair versus replacement costs vary widely, but are usually found to be significantly more expensive when replacement is involved. Basically, your insurance company will allow you to have the windshield replaced with a deductible taking place on your part. This would not apply if you don’t have collision included in your policy in most states.
Auto glass repair shops can repair smaller chips and cracks with ease. You can also buy auto glass repair products from your local auto parts store or go on the internet to locate these repair kits. This applies to the individual that is comfortable with doing it yourself. If you are not certain the damage can be safely repaired, then err on the side of caution, and let the professionals take care of it.
If repair is out of the equation, just know that the auto glass repair industry is alive and competitive. Shopping around to secure the best prices and service should provide gratifying results. You should realize that repair is not an option if the crack is longer than 3-4 inches or goes from edge to edge and if the chip has penetrated all sections of the piece of glass.
The idea of the story here is that if the damage is not large and does not penetrate the glass fully and if you act fast, you can often times repair the damage instead of having to replace the whole piece. When it comes to auto glass repair, there is a lot more than meets the eye, so if you are not confident, get a pro involved.
Windshield Repair: What Everyone Needs To Know
Procrastination of a windshield crack repair is a losing game. There is an 80% chance the small crack in your windshield will continue to crack. Further cracking will lead to expensive replacement of the windshield.
Timely repair is the most important for several reasons. The sooner the repair takes place, the chances of further cracking diminishes. The longer a repair is held out, the higher chance the chip or small crack will become unrepairable. That will eventually cause you to replace the windshield. You can avoid this with a quality repair. It's very hard to get the windshield frame as clean and well secured as it was from the factory with a replacement windshield. Therefore, we want to keep the (O.E.M.) Original Equipment Manufactured windshield that was initially installed and sealed at the factory in place as long as possible.
Furthermore, time is of the essence when considering a repair because dirt, road dust, bird droppings and moisture can collect inside the windshield from the opening of the crack making it harder to repair.
We can remove moisture but there is a chance that the water removal could cause the windshield to crack further or crack towards the edge forcing replacement of the windshield. We can avoid most of these problems with timely repair of the cracked or chipped windshield.
Okay, so we have removed the moisture, but there is no way to remove the dirt and other particles that the moisture may have pulled into the crack. Dirt that has entered a cracked windshield will be visible after the completed repair. Water in the cracked windshield needs to be removed before the repair takes place, otherwise the bond will become weak and is more likely to fail which could ultimately lead to replacement which is exactly what we want to avoid. If a timely repair is not an option, covering the rock chip or crack with clear tape can help to keep contaminates out. Try to cover the chip or crack completely but don't disrupt your vision when driving as this could be dangerous.
Time is your enemy with a cracked windshield. Okay we get it, what else can you tell us about the cracked windshield repair?
One thing I have learned after years of windshield chip and crack repair is that every break is different and some fill easily while others take finesse and manipulation to remove all the air and assure that the resin has filled the crack or cracks before ultra violet curing of the resin takes place.
So what does that mean to us?
When a repair company tells you the repair only takes five to ten minutes, be cautious. As mentioned earlier every break is different and certain cracks need special treatment. Some cracks do fill quickly but some don't. So how can you do a good repair if you're rushed? You can't. Some repairs will take about an hour and others will only take 20 minutes or so. When a windshield crack repair professional is rushed, he or she will drill a hole in every break to make the crack fill faster inevitably creating a bigger hole to fill. This will never look as well as it should compared to a hole that is not drilled.
The windshield crack repair professional will try to fill the crack without drilling a hole. It can take a little longer, but the better it looks, the happier you will be. Right?
90% or more of small windshield chips or cracks can be filled without drilling which improves the finished visual outcome and appearance of the repair. This leads us back to the fact that every windshield crack is different and some will take more time than others to repair correctly.
What are the different types of equipment used to repair cracked windshields?
Good question. Windshield crack repair equipment varies widely among companies. High quality resins, injections and air removal methods vary from company to company and can affect the finished repair. Quality injection units and high quality resins are as important as the technicians performing the crack repairs. The quality resins create stronger bonds and resist yellowing better than inexpensive resins. Quality injection equipment will remove more air and the injection capabilities provide a higher quality crack repair.
No matter how good the equipment is, the skill and patience of the windshield crack repair professional is of the utmost importance. Quality equipment used in the hands of a patient and skilled windshield repair professional will produce quality repairs that anyone would be happy with. Quality repairs return the safety and integrity to the cracked windshield.
- Mobile Auto Glass Repair Arizona
- Auto Glass Repair Phoenix
- Cheap Windshield Repair North Phoenix
- Mobile Windshield Repair West Phoenix
- Mobile Windshield Replacement East Phoenix
- Auto Glass Replacement South Phoenix
- Auto Glass Replacement Tucson
- Windshield Replacement Cost Mesa
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Chandler
- Windshield Replacement Gilbert
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Glendale
- Auto Glass Repair North Scottsdale
- Cheap Windshield Repair Scottsdale
- Auto Glass Repair Tempe
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Peoria
- Cheap Windshield Repair Surprise
- Auto Glass Repair Yuma
- Auto Glass Replacement San Tan Valley
- Cheap Auto Glass Replacement Avondale
- Windshield Repair Goodyear
- Mobile Auto Glass Repair Flagstaff
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Casas Adobes
- Windshield Replacement Cost Buckeye
- Mobile Windshield Replacement Lake Havasu City
- Mobile Windshield Repair Casa Grande
- Mobile Windshield Replacement Catalina Foothills
- Windshield Replacement Cost Maricopa
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Oro Valley
- Windshield Repair Sierra Vista
- Cheap Windshield Repair Prescott Valley
- Cheap Windshield Repair Prescott
- Windshield Replacement Cost Marana
- Windshield Replacement Cost Bullhead City
- Cheap Auto Glass Replacement Sun City
- Windshield Replacement Apache Junction
- Cheap Windshield Repair Queen Creek
- Windshield Replacement El Mirage
- Windshield Repair San Luis
- Cheap Auto Glass Replacement Florence
- Windshield Replacement Kingman
- Windshield Repair Drexel Heights
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Fortuna Foothills
- Auto Glass Repair Sahuarita
- Windshield Replacement Cost Sun City West
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Fountain Hills
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Anthem
- Windshield Replacement Cost Green Valley
- Auto Glass Replacement Nogales
- Windshield Repair Rio Rico
- Mobile Windshield Replacement Eloy
- Mobile Auto Glass Repair Tanque Verde
- Cheap Auto Glass Replacement Douglas
- Windshield Crack Repair Flowing Wells
- Cheap Auto Glass Replacement Payson
- Mobile Windshield Repair New River
- Windshield Crack Repair Sierra Vista Southeast
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Somerton
- Cheap Auto Glass Replacement Sun Lakes
- Mobile Windshield Replacement Paradise Valley
- Mobile Auto Glass Repair Fort Mohave
- Windshield Replacement Cost Verde Village
- Windshield Repair Coolidge
- Windshield Repair Tucson Estates
- Cheap Windshield Replacement New Kingman-Butler
- Windshield Repair Cottonwood city
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Camp Verde
- Windshield Replacement Cost Vail
- Windshield Crack Repair Chino Valley
- Windshield Replacement Show Low
- Auto Glass Replacement Sedona
- Auto Glass Replacement Valencia West
- Windshield Replacement Cost Saddlebrooke
- Windshield Replacement Cost Tuba City
- Auto Glass Repair Safford
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Winslow
- Cheap Windshield Repair Gold Canyon
- Cheap Windshield Repair Arizona City
- Auto Glass Replacement Golden Valley
- Auto Glass Replacement Picture Rocks
- Cheap Windshield Replacement Page
- Windshield Crack Repair Catalina
- Windshield Crack Repair Globe
- Windshield Repair Corona de Tucson
- Auto Glass Repair Tolleson
- Windshield Replacement Wickenburg
- Windshield Repair Youngtown
- Windshield Replacement Cost Village of Oak Creek (Big Park)
- Mobile Auto Glass Repair Guadalupe
- Windshield Replacement Lake Montezuma
- Mobile Windshield Repair Doney Park
- Mobile Auto Glass Repair South Tucson
- Mobile Windshield Repair Snowflake
- Mobile Windshield Repair Litchfield Park
- Auto Glass Replacement Williamson
- Cheap Auto Glass Replacement Cave Creek
- Windshield Crack Repair Bisbee